Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mosquito

I'm so hot and I'm always tired. I don't know why, maybe it's the heat, maybe it's the yoga. At least our room is blessed with a consistent lack of direct sun and remains cool all day. Maybe it's the mosquitoes. Our mozi net is hing in such a way that when I'm sleeping a fold in the net rests just inches from my face. The mozis can smell us inside and cling to the net hoping we will emerge. Because the net is so close to me I can hear their buzz as they try to penetrate the net and find myself half asleep slapping at my ears while the bugs remain outside. I am beginning to understand what it must be like to be mad. At least I can see the insects beyond the net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so can you sleep at the other end of the bed??? Good thing you have the net - sound like they are hungry for your blood! Bonnie

Unknown said...

HEY ALISON
HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH THE MOSQUITOS? I hope you're ok
XOXO
-Ren
Matthew, I hope you're doing better