Tuesday, April 17, 2007

KIM


It's taken a while but I've finished up with "Kim" by Rudyard Kipling. The only reason I picked it up was because I remember that Kipling wrote the "Just So Stories" I loved so much as a child and that "Kim" is set in India. It was interesting because the book takes place in Northern India and Kim visits many of the places we have been, there's even a Lama involved. What was most amazing to me were the similarities between current India and the India described in the book, which was written over a hundred years ago in 1901. It really hasn't changed that much. So if you like Kipling and India check it out, but it's not on my favorites list.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey matt! everything looks great and sounds amazing. what did you do to your hair!??!! is it actually SHORT?! can't wait to see it and you! xoxo

margo