Thursday, February 15, 2007

Matthew's Wild Mountain Apple Muffins

Those of you whom I have been fortunate enough to talk to while I've been away know how much this experience is affecting my outlook on food and cooking. I'm obsessed! It has been so great learning new recipes and trying local food; I've really been trying to broaden my horizon. So before I leave Japan I thought I'd try to post up a few recipes that Alison and I particularly like and have modified slightly to our own tastes.

Our shed in Wild Mountains had many cookbooks, and after the builder's party we had literally dozens of eggs and apples, so I tried my hand at these apple muffins. They were so good! And everyone liked them, so it became a tradition that I'd make a new batch as soon as the last one was gone.

Ingredients:

1C honey
1C oil
4 eggs

2.5C whole wheat flour
3t baking powder
0.5t salt
1t allspice
1t cinnamon
1t nutmeg
0.5C powdered milk

3 apples, shredded
1t vanilla
1C chopped nuts and / or raisins

Directions:

Mix wet stuff, mix dry stuff, combine lightly. Fold in fruit, nuts, and vanilla. Put in oiled and floured muffin tins and bake at 400 for 12 -15 minutes. Enjoy!

0 comments: