Friday, December 01, 2006

Walkabout?

I have to agree with Alison, I'm ready to move on. I know I said that once before in Tasi, but now I'm really ready. I don't know if it's Australia, these mountains, or the isolation they provide, but I want to be around people, a change of scenery, something more. I've been thinking about doing a solo day in the jungle. Just me, my thoughts, some paper and a pen. The flies might do me in, though. I keeping thinking about what I want to do back in the states. Digital media? Engineering? Drafting? Webdesign? Radio announcing? For a while I wanted to come back and just make money. I'm not so sure anymore. I've always wanted to do important work, now even more so. Alison and I go through lists of things we want to do before we're thirty and night before we go to sleep. It seemed manageble at first, but then we realized we'll be 24 by the time we get back, leaving us only six years! So much to do...


Here's a shot of me and our amazing 45 degree cut off jig. You may wonder why not just use a chop saw? So would I...


Had to throw this picture in from back in Launceston. We ran into a woman who rescued wounded animals; this is me with a baby wombat. Sooo cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Matt, you and Alison are so young and have such bright futures ahead of you but never to young to be wise and treasure each day and opportunity that comes your way. Every expereience is adding to your porfolio and options!! How exciting is that!! Yes, there is a lot of work to be done but each one of us can make a contribution to make it a little or a lot better than it was before we came. A little time for reflection is not a bad idea - time to sort out - what to save, what to rid yourself of. Now that you ae nearing the end of your stay in Australia you can begin to decide what you will bring with you - what aspects of their culture did you embrace?? Will serve you well as you move on?? I love the picture of you with the wombat - how cute is that!!!

Anonymous said...

so yeah,... baby wombat held by my cute boyfriend... ..ehem. best picture ever!
~bun