Thursday, August 31, 2006

In A Sunburned Country


I just finished listening to Bill Bryson’s In A Sunburned Country and highly recommend it if you’re heading to Australia or not. I first got the book from my mother, who as a fan of Bryson, picked it up for herself at the library. Halfway through she decided that I had to read the book so she bought and sent a copy to me with a collection of furniture related newspaper articles. When I got the book I was still trudging through In Defense Of Globalization by Jagdish Bhagwati so I shelved the Bryson for later. A couple days later I was at the library here looking for audio books to pass the time on the fourteen-hour flight across the pacific when I spotted In A Sunburned Country on CD. I checked it out and have been listening to it while I make stick furniture, the book is still good as new. I didn’t have much time for reading anyway. I found the audio very funny in most parts and informative in others. Bryson is a great storyteller and explains some of the many dangers and beauties in the vast and empty country of Australia.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the one I'm glad you found interesting!